Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 12

I went to the Prez's hockey (pronounced haah-ckey) game last night... you know that place that has both alcohol and heat in the same location. Well it was a late-game - starting at 11pm - so we all met up before the game for a drink. The waitress came over and asked what she could get me. I asked her if she had wine that came from a bottle, not a box, that was nice to drink. She said she had both red and white wine from a bottle. I asked what kind of reds she had. Someone in the crowd said 'this is a haah-ckey rink bar!'. She [nervously] said that it was a Chilean red and offered to show me the bottle. I declined the offer and said I would just take a glass. It wasn't bad... a bit of tin on the nose, a bit of mud on the palate, but red nonetheless. I should have pulled what I pulled last week... taste-tested both the white and red on offer til I had managed to get a glass down before deciding!

I don't think it is too much to ask to have a decent glass of red wine while watching a hockey game. Is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment