Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 4

I figure 230am is as good a time as any to start the day.

The usual where-the-hell-am-I followed by sadness about CT followed by job hunt routine ensued. It's getting debilitating, this job hunt graft, but I must press on.

Anyway, my now-daily routine occurred. Job hunt online, job hunt in person, drive around with sis-in-law, go to Walmart (spits), come back to the Prez's place.

I watched the Prez play hockey last night. Upon arrival at the rink the Prez told me there was a heated bar upstairs. Both heat and alcohol in one location? It seemed too good to be true. So I sprinted up to the bar, settled in with a 4 oz glass (shot?) of wine (again, Big Brother Canada legally limits the amount of wine per glass) and watched the game. I realized that I had been back four days and, during that time, had seen three hockey games.

The pee wee game was pretty cute... four year olds rolling around the ice with the occasional skating thrown in the middle for fun. My cousin's game was hectic - 80 000 screaming people watching a blur of men on the ice. The puck was invisible to me. The only time I knew when someone scored was when the big announcement screen produced the word: "Goal!". Those pucks must move at over 100kms per hour, I swear. The nice thing about the Prez's game was that, next to my cousin's game, everything was in slow motion. I could see the puck move! I could see the moves the players were going to make! I could see the goalie miss the puck and the goal being scored! Even the buzzer seemed to sound in slow motion. Niiiice!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are somewhat embracing Canadian life once again. There will be some cultural differences and some adjustment time. Hang in there, you will remember - it's like riding a bike (or horse). Drink more wine. ;) Am really happy to see you continue with blogging - vent baby vent. Bren

    ReplyDelete